Going Home - Preparing your baby’s discharge home
Follow-up post discharge home
- Check with staff about follow-up schedules for your baby, e.g. if they will be followed-up at the hospital out-patient clinic or directly with their GP. Other clinic appointments may also be required.
- Staff will notify your baby’s local PHN and GP that your baby has been discharged home.
- Your local PHN will visit you and your baby at home. You can also contact your PHN directly via your local Health Centre/Primary Care Centre.
- Your baby’s GP is also available to provide follow-up.
- See ‘Follow-up care for babies’ LINK.
Support is always available after your baby’s discharge home from their public health nurse PHN) and general practitioner (GP).
You may also telephone the neonatal unit if you are unsure where to get appropriate advice.